Dual Enrollment Programs for High School Students
Whether you are thinking ahead and want to earn college credits before you graduate or you are preparing for high school graduation and need a plan for your future, it's time you checked into CTC.
Dual enrollment gives high school students an opportunity to earn college credit while in high school.
- Dual enrollment is the process of enrolling in college courses and using those classes as credit toward high school graduation, as well as attaining regular college credit.
- Early admission is the process of enrolling in college courses at the same time that you are in high school. These classes are not being used toward high school graduation.
Contact your high school counselor to learn more about dual enrollment programs in your area.
Trying to decide between Advanced Placement (AP) courses and dual enrollment courses? Click here for a comparison.
- Checklist to Get Started
Use the following checklist to guide you through the Dual enrollment process. All required dual enrollment forms (Application for Admission, Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions Approval/Advising Plan, Class Registration and Dual Enrollment Release of Information) can be found on this page. Incomplete applications, including any missing paperwork, forms and residency documents will not be accepted.
- Dual Enrollment Participant Handbook
This Dual Enrollment Program Handbook has been prepared by Central Texas College for use with area high schools, both private and public, homeschooled, and independent school districts that are interested in dual credit partnerships.
- Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions Approval/Advising Plan
If you are have already taken dual enrollment classes and want to schedule more, please utilize this form. This form must be signed by you, your parent, and your high school representative and turned in to your CTC representative along with your class registration form included in the checklist above.
- Are you a high school senior this year?
Fast Track provides on-site application, financial aid, and advisement assistance for graduating seniors on their high school campus. Let us help you celebrate your high school graduation by getting you ready to start college with this free program!
- Information for Parents
Click here for dual enrollment information for parents.
- Information for Dual Enrollment Faculty
Click here if you are a current or prospective dual enrollment faculty member.
- Information for High School Counselors
Click here for dual enrollment information for high school counselors.