The Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses of active-duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2. They must be pursuing a license, certification or associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. CTC is a proud participant in the MyCAA program and offers a number of high-quality, education programs to help prepare you for high-growth, high-demand (in-demand), portable career fields.
For specific details about the program, to determine your eligibility and establish your MyCAA account, please visit the official MyCAA website. Your CTC representative is ready to assist you with the application and registration process. You may also request more information online.
NOTE: TPlease review the MyCAA FAQs provided by the DoD for more program information including those items (fees, instructional materials, etc.) not covered by MyCAA.
Please follow the steps below to utilize MyCAA at CTC:
Create a MyCAA Account
- Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online.
- Provide required Spouse Profile information. A real-time DEERS eligibility check will confirm if you meet MyCAA eligibility requirements so you can move forward and establish your MyCAA Account. Those who do not pass this check will be provided additional guidance.
- Refer to the "Creating a DS Logon Account" and "How do I access MyCAA using a DS Logon?" documents for assistance.
- Military spouses may call Military OneSource to speak with a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) counselor for assistance, (800) 342-9647.
Apply to CTC
- Central Texas College is an open-enrollment institution. That means that most students are accepted once their application has been submitted and processed. Just follow the enrollment steps on the following page.
Submit an Education and Training Plan (ETP) to MyCAA
- MyCAA requires all students to submit an ETP prior to MyCAA funding classes. Please contact your CTC representative to request a personalized ETP.
- MyCAA approval can take up to 14 business days.
Request Funding Upon ETP Approval
- Apply for Financial Assistance (FA) each term. FA approvals are class specific and term specific.
- Students are not able to apply for FA until 60 days prior to the class start date. Requests for funding must be submitted no later than 15 days prior to the class start date.
- Obtain a copy of your FA approval by selecting the “Print FA” button next to the courses for which you have registered.
- How to Avoid Common Pitfalls with MyCAA
Select Courses and Register via WebAdvisor
Once you are an admitted student, you will register for classes on our online system, Webadvisor.
Pay Tuition and Fees
- Tuition and fees must be paid in full on the same day you register and may be paid online or in person at one of our site locations.
- Provide a copy of your approved FA to the Business Office the same day you register. This is your responsibility as this is considered your form of payment for tuition.
Note: If you make any changes to your registration schedule (which includes classes, dates of classes, or total tuition) after you have a MyCAA authorization, it is your responsibility to make the corresponding changes in your MyCAA account to generate an updated authorization. The updated authorization must be submitted to the CTC Business Office.Things to remember when requesting MyCAA funding:
- When MyCAA funding is requested, the following information will be required: class start/end dates, course code, course title, and tuition cost.
- Classes that have different start and/or end dates must be on separate FA requests.
- FA’s can take up to 14 business days to be approved.
- FA requests cannot be submitted retroactively.