Complete Small Business Start-Up Program (Veteran-Preneur)
Central Texas College, in partnership with Veteran Entrepreneurial Training Command, offers a course designed is to assist United States Military Veterans and qualifying Family Members in turning entrepreneurial dreams into reality through an educational program that is dedicated to successful entrepreneurship. This class is not limited to Veterans and family; all students who wish to learn can register! Our entrepreneurial education program guides students through content and exercises designed to further understanding and application of the steps involved with launching, growing and maintaining a successful business. Get a competitive edge on the road to success! Prerequisites: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word), a working computer (desktop or laptop), internet service, professional email address (Gmail/ iCloud works great), and the most important part...the willingness to learn, create an amazing business from concept development to launch! Students are encouraged to bring a laptop, notebook and writing tool to class. Dress in business casual. (9 meetings)
This class is available online with flexible start dates!
To register for this course online, call 254-526-1586 to register and pay through the Continuing Education department. We will give you a coupon code, which you can use to access the online course with our step-by-step enrollment instructions!
Outline: This 24 course program navigates you through:
- Mod 1 - Right Place, Right Time, (Digging for Gold, Opportunity, The Concept)
- Mod 2 - Cultivating Customers, (The Problem, Research Needs, Getting the Info)
- Mod 3 - Location-Location-Location, (What's Out There, How Are You Different, Where/When to Start)
- Mod 4 - Small Business Economics, (Your Business Model, Determining Resources, Your Economic Model)
- Mod 5 - Practical Marketing, (Basics of Marketing, Leveraging the Net, Buyer and Sales Management)
- Mod 6 - Capital Planning, (Sources of Funding, Legal Entity, Legal Issues)
- Mod 7 - Forward Thinking, (Understanding Risk, Financial Projections, Operations: Supplies and Inventory) and
- Mod 8 - Putting The Plan Together (Growth, A Winning Team, Connection: Bringing All the Pieces Together)
Class Format: In-class lecture and online applications tailored to develop your business concept. Student interaction with both Q/A, resource development, and small group research.
Prerequisites: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word), a working computer (desktop or laptop), internet service, professional email address (Gmail/iCloud works great), and the most important part...the willingness to learn, create an amazing business from concept development to launch!
Certification: This course will prepare you for various certification exams including, but not limited to, Senior Professional in Human Resources and Customer Service and Sales.