College for Kids
College for Kids!
Age 3-16 years old
June through August
College for Kids is our summer enrichment program packed with hands-on experiences that will encourage kids to try new things, explore and discover hidden talents. The courses are designed to be fun and include lots of hands-on learning activities. Early registration is strongly recommended since classes often fill up early. Most courses have limited space in order to maximize the positive learning effects of a concentrated teacher-student ratio. As always, you may register your child at any time until the first day of class; however, early registration helps ensure your child gets into his or her class of choice. A signed waiver must accompany the registration form.
Check our our Summer Preview!
Our 2019 Summer Schedule will be available at the Continuing Education Office during the Summer Preview and it will be available online on April 29, 2019.
For the safety of students:
- Classes include an instructor, and instructor aide in classes with a larger instructor: student ratio.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each child to his or her classroom.
- Please be on time to pick up your child after class. Do not park in parking spaces marked “reserved” or “official use only” throughout campus.
- Students are not permitted to walk across campus unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Send a snack or money for a snack with your child (especially for classes longer than two hours).
- Dress children in appropriate clothing depending on the nature of the class.
- Apply sunscreen for classes that include an outdoor component.
Bring the kids to have fun with science! Every month, we focus on a different science-related theme. The program includes a two-hour hands-on class followed by a show at the Mayborn Science Theater.
Check back soon for upcoming classes!